CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC) is the prime contractor for the safe, environmental cleanup of the Central Plateau at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Hanford Site.
Our work on this 10-year $5.7-billion contract includes reducing risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of DOE’s highest hazard waste streams and facilities, from cleaning up 270 billion gallons of contaminated groundwater plumes before they reach the Columbia River, to removing highly radioactive “sludge,” to decommissioning and demolishing the Plutonium Finishing Plant that once stored secret stores of material for the nation’s defense.
Our scope of environmental cleanup:
- Treat contaminated groundwater beneath the entire site, including 270 billion gallons of water contaminated with 10 major radiological and chemical contaminants
- Move, treat and store highly radioactive sludge away from the Columbia River to the Central Plateau
- Clean out and demolish the Plutonium Finishing Plant
- Place the K East and K West Reactors in interim safe storage
- Treat and dispose of low-level, mixed low-level, and transuranic wastes
- Retrieve suspect, post-1970 transuranic waste
- Monitor, characterize, and remediate groundwater and waste sites
- Ship special nuclear materials offsite
- Clean out and demolish radiological, industrial, and nuclear facilities
- Shut down activities at the Fast Flux Test Facility
- Integrate cleanup activities along the river
- Develop site regulatory decision documents
- Establish long-term surveillance and maintenance at decommissioned facilities and waste sites
CHPRC is driven by one mission - reducing risk on the Hanford Site. We are achieving this goal with proven experience as a world leader in the delivery of complex and challenging projects that span the globe - including the London 2012 Olympics and the Rocky Flats Closure Project.
About Our Parent Company, Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With $15 billion in fiscal 2017 revenue when combined with full-year CH2M revenues and a talent force of more than 74,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com, and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.